Hey! I’m Niki,
a registered dietitian & lactation consultant in Cape Town, South Africa.
I obtained by BDietetics degree at University of Pretoria in 2013 and qualified as a lactation consultant from Th University of the Witwatersrand in 2019.
In 2014, I started my community service at Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital in Johannesburg. That is where my love for pediatrics and breastfeeding started. I worked with premature infants, as well as toddlers with feeding difficulties or fussy eaters. You would often find me cup-feeding a baby or bathing a toddler. After 5 years, I went into private practice, where I worked at Netcare Sunninghill Hospital and gained experience in the critical care setting, including pre- and post surgery and trauma patients.
In 2019, we moved to Cape Town, where I started working with Ingrid Schloss at Christiaan Barnard Memorial Hospital and Cape Town Mediclinic.
When we moved to Cape Town, I became frustrated with the ‘standard’ way of practicing as a dietitian. I became aware of how people in bigger bodies were struggling and how they were ill-treated. To equip myself to better understand how to bridge the gap, I completed courses in Intuitive Eating and Non-Diet approaches as well as an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Counselling for Dietitians . I am passionate about reuniting clients with their bodies, with what is important to them, and with food.
I love broccoli and my life would be sad without ice cream. I enjoy a morning walk and some days you’ll find me horizontal on the couch with my cat and laptop on my lap. There are no rules in my practice, except to be gentle with yourself.
With my spare time I paint, hike, and enjoy reading. I also love cooking, petting our cats and making up songs to irritate my sweet husband.
I look forward to getting to know you!
- BDietetics (UP 2013)
- Lactation Consultant SACLC (Wits 2019)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Training (EatFit 2019)
- Introduction to Palliative Care (UCT 2021)
- Foundation Course in Diabetes Care for Health Professionals (CDE 2021)
- Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition (Cornell University 2015)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Dietitians (EDRDPRO 2020)
- Weight Inclusive Approaches and Intuitive Eating (London Centre for Intuitive Eating 2020)
- Eating Disorder Management for Dietitians (InsideOut Institute -AUS)
- Ketogenic training (Matthews Friend’s KetoCollege London 2019)
- Translational Nutrigenomics (3×4 2021)
Get In Touch
Phone: +27 72 348 6499
Office Hours: 08:00 – 17:00